Markets & Justice

Markets & Justice
Freely operating markets yield a just outcome?

White Australia Has A Black History

White Australia Has A Black History

Friday 20 November 2015

Oscar Romero on building and re-building the true church

Oscar Romero Build the True Church

Oscar Romero Build the True Church
Those who have listened to me here in church on Sundays
with sincerity,
without prejudices,
without hatred,
without ill will,
without intending to defend indefensible interests,
those who have listened to me here cannot say

I am giving political or subversive sermons.
All that is simply slander.
You are listening to me at this moment,
and I am saying what I have always said.
What I want to say here in the cathedral pulpit is what the church is,
and in the name of the church
I want to support what is good,

applaud it,
encourage it,

console the victims of atrocities,
of injustices, and also with courage disclose the atrocities,
the tortures,
the disappearances of prisoners,
the social injustice.
This is not engaging in politics;
this is building up the church
and carrying out the church’s duty as imposed by the church’s identity.
My conscience is undisturbed,
and I call on all of you:
Let us build up the true church!
September 10, 1978
Oscar Romero – The Violence of Love

The Violence of Love English 

No comments:

Post a Comment